Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Giving Thanks

I'm finding it hard to believe it's already November 1st! Fall is flying by, but there's still time to grab some fun Eyelet Outlet brads and tape to make your Thanksgiving cards extra-special! Here are some pretties I'm sharing on the EO Blog today:


My first card is quite pared down (well... for me, lol!) but I really wanted the Leaf Brads and Mini Leaf Brads to stand out. I stenciled a few vines, then scattered the leaves down the front of my card, as if they were falling from their trees.


To anchor my sticker sentiment, I wrapped a strip of Wide Brick Washi around the top of the card, then added a Mini Butterfly as a finishing touch.


For my second card, I was test-driving some beautiful AlteNew Plaid Cover Dies on their Birch and Cherry wood sheets, so the story became all about texture. I framed a strip of the gorgeous watercolor Wide Pumpkin Washi with a skinny border of Glitter Gold Tape and added Champagne Jewel Bling Strips at the top and bottom.


Layered Paper Flowers topped with a Pumpkin Brad clustered with a couple of Leaf Brads and accented with a tiny green Mini Leaf Brad complete the design.


I hope you are enjoying all the pleasures of Autumn, including the fun of making Fall cards!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous backdrops for those super fun brads. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these are fabulous, yes the first one is minimal for you but awesome now I know how to get my letters straight use a strip of washi tape, love those new dies they make a great backdrop for the awesome washi tape, flower and brads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards to match the season. Love the first ones simplicity but what great dies on the second. As always cute brads too. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your use of brads, they were once so popular but seem to have died out but you've made such good use of them to create two beautiful Autumnal cards... I also had to giggle at your monster card with all their Christmas brads, loved the humour x

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~